This privacy statement discloses the privacy practices for Liminex Corporation websites including: www.liminex.net, and goguardian.com.
Because Liminex wants to demonstrate its commitment to your privacy, it has agreed to disclose its information practices. This web site has agreed to notify you of:
- What personally identifiable information of yours is collected from you through the web site
- How the information is used
- With whom the information may be shared
- What choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of the information
- The kind of security procedures that are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under Liminex's control
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection and Use
Liminex Corporation is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. We will not sell, share, or rent personally identifiable information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement. Liminex Corporation collects information from our users at several different points on our website.
Liminex requires that information be provided when purchasing Liminex software products. This information is used by Liminex in the following manner:
- Financial information necessary to purchase Liminex products includes the customer's name, credit card billing address, credit card number, and credit card expiration date. Credit card numbers are not stored or archived by Liminex except the last 4 digits of the credit card which are kept as part of the purchase record. The last 4 digits of the credit card are kept in order to assist in future customer inquiries related to the purchase.
- Shipping information necessary to deliver physical software product includes the customer's name and shipping address. Liminex will not use this information to mail any other solicitation nor will Liminex sell this information to any third party.
- Contact information necessary to identify the customer includes the customer's name and email address. This information is required in order to email a purchase receipt to the customer containing information about the purchase that was made, including instructions for downloading and installing the software purchased and the serial number of the software purchased. The email address may also be used to contact the customer regarding problems processing the order. The name and email address are used for security purposes by our customer service personnel with regards to any customer inquiries about a software purchase. Information regarding a customer software purchase will only be provided at the email address used for that purchase. The name and email information may also be used to contact the customer about software products available on our web site. If a customer desires to not be contacted about our software products using their email address, they can prevent the email address from receiving Liminex product solicitiations. Please see the below policy on 'opt-out' and discontinue.
A Referer is the information passed along by a web browser that references the Web site that you came to the Liminex web site from. This Referer is automatically collected by our web server. This information is used by Liminex to identify broad demographic trends about use of our site. You will not be personally identified by this information.
IP addresses are used by your computer every time you are connected to the Internet. Your IP address is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify your computer. Liminex web sites automatically collect IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track user's movement, and gather broad demographic information about web site use. Liminex will not use your IP address to identify any personal information.
Sharing of Information
Information collected by Liminex is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public. All of our employees are dedicated to maintaining and upholding your privacy and security and are aware of our privacy and security policies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, Liminex cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
The Liminex web site purchase forms ask users to enter sensitive personal information (such as credit card number and/or phone number), that information is encrypted and is protected with the best encryption software in the industry - SSL. While on a secure page, such as our purchase order form, the lock icon on the bottom of Web browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer becomes locked, as opposed to un-locked, or open, when you are just 'surfing'.
Liminex customers will occasionally receive information on Liminex products, services, and special offers. Out of respect for the privacy of our users we present the option to not receive these types of communications. Please see our opt-out and discontinue policy below.
Correction/Updating Personal Information
If a customer's personal information changes (such as your email), we will endeavor to provide a way to correct, update or remove that user's personal information provided to us. This can be done emailing our Customer Support.
Opt-out and Discontinue
A Liminex customer may elect to avoid future communications from Liminex by sending us an email at email@example.com or selecting Unsubscribe and indicate your email address and request we discontinue future communications. Under urgent circumstances, Liminex may be required to send you information about your software purchase, but we will not send you unsolicited communications regarding any commercial offers or advertisements if you have opted out or discontinued communications.